Monday, July 9, 2012


6 Weeks to go!!!!
Just writing that gets me nervous and very excited!! The preparation for this race started in December and now in 6 weeks I will be at the start line. It has been quite a journey already!! I’ve had weeks where I hit every training session and weeks where I miss a lot! I have runs where I feel invincible and runs where I feel every step. Bike rides where I love the time to myself and bike rides where I just want to get home to my family!! And swimming – don’t get me started on swimming!!! Swimming is my Achilles heel and the one area where my training hasn’t gone quite as well. I’m starting to wake up at night thinking about it so I’ve put a new plan in place – it’s called no more missing swim sessions!!! This week with 1 swim session already under my belt and 3 more planned I’m hoping to make up for lost time. When I’m out of the water on August 19th I would have already accomplished a major goal. My biggest fear is not making the 2 hour and 20 minute cut off time – months of bike and run training out the door!!

Since my last entry we marked a year of my Dad’s passing which was on the May long weekend. We had our family come over to see the bench that we dedicated to my Dad and we also had a big BBQ with fireworks!! It was so nice being together to remember my Dad and it was a very special day! All 5 of my Dad’s grandson’s wore their race day shirts! They looked so cute in them and I can’t wait to see them wearing them on race day! They will give me inspiration!





The training this month has stepped up and from this point on I’m going to record our training weeks to keep a record. I’m not sure when we start tapering for race day but I’m looking forward to it already!!
So this past week July 2-8 totals:
RUN: 63kms (5hrs45min) – 1 session of hill repeats
BIKE: 315kms – 13 hrs – focused on hills
SWIM: nil L- instead of open water swimming with Damien one night - we went for drinks and dinner instead J
Total training hours: 18hrs 45mins
So after this week I’m feeling good about the bike and run training but swimming is stressing me out! Let’s see what this week brings!!! I’ll report back!
Heading out for a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment